View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #19
luckysnafu

My Ride: e90 330i|87 328(m52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgodel View Post
I purchased a used E46 reading lamp assembly on e-Bay for very cheap, only to discover that the wiring connector is a completely different shape and style. I still have it in my parts drawer in case someone has cut the wires before and posts how to do it.

Since that one central button sends a signal to illuminate all of the other interior lights, I lost my nerve. Or at least, lost interest while I worked on other things. :-)

--Trip
I bought and installed the reading lamp assembly on my e46 sedan and got it working. I know that the connectors are different, but it's not too hard to get working. You have to connect the map lights to the positive from the garage door opener connector that is up in the space above the lights. This is the same line that most people tap into for their radar detectors. I can now use my map lights, but only when the car is actually in the on/running position, not when the car is off. If I get a chance, I will take some pictures and write up a DIY so you can see how I did it.
luckysnafu is offline   Reply With Quote