View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
11. With the belt off you can take out the 4 10mm bolts for the water pump and remove pulley wheels. My water pump pulley was stuck on so I used a screw driver to pry the wheel off. I would suggest using some PB Blaster to loosen this up in advance.

12. With the pulley off you can see where I was prying with the screw driver.

13. With the pulley off you can see the difference in size.

14. I put some anti-seize on the water pump shaft so the new pulley will not stick.

15. Install the UUC Under Drive Pulley and snug up the bolts. We will tighten them more later. Notice that the four bolt holes on the pulley are not evenly spaced! If you notice this before getting two of the bolts in it will save you time and confusion.

16. Remove the 3 13mm bolts on the power steering pump and remove the pulley. Note that both stock pulley wheels are plastic and banging on them with a hammer will break them I ended up prying this pulley off with a screw driver from under the car. I would suggest soaking both pulleys with PB Blaster an hour before you want to do the install.

17. With the power steering pump pulley off you can see the difference in size.

18. Install the UUC Under Drive Pulley and snug up the bolts. We will tighten them later.

19. Reinstall the main belt. Follow the routing diagram that UUC includes. It isn't perfect but it should be enough to figure it out. Once you have the belt mostly in place use the 8mm socket and ratchet to move the belt tensioner so you can put the belt on properly. Triple check to make sure the belt is on all the pulleys properly.

20. Put the A/C belt back on. Use the torques socket to rotate the tensioner so you can get the belt on. Triple check to make sure the belt is on the pulleys properly.

21. Put the caps back on both tensioners

22. Now that the belt is on you can tighten the bolts on both pulleys. It only takes 89 inch pounds and members have broken the bolts off so be careful!

23. Reinstall the fan, put the plastic pin and torques screw back in and connect the wiring.

24. When you start up the car listen for any signs of the belt being offset or any other issues.
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote