View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #15
cimbali

My Ride: 323i
Job done...Live and learn!

I just completed this diy and can now reply to my own posts in case any one has similar questions (which I doubt!!). Many thanks to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbali View Post
are the tensioner bolts reverse threads like the water pump? or to replace the tensioners I should just turn the bolts left to loosen? I just want to ensure that I dont snap any bolts when replacing the mechanical tensioner and deflection pulley on my car.
Bolts that hold the tensioner are NOT reverse thread. Left to loosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimbali View Post
I am planning to change the deflection pulley and tensioner. Can anyone let me the proper torque specs for the bolts? The deflection pulley bolt is m10x150 and the tensioner bolts are m8x35. So far I am thinking that the torque spec is 40NM and 24NM???
The m8x35 bolts for the mechanical tensioner should be torque to 24NM and the m10x150 bolt for the deflection pulley should be torque to 47NM. Once you find out the bolt diameter (i.e., m8, m10 etc) and the hardness factor which is stamped on the head of the bolt (8.8 for these bolts) then use the bolt tightening torque table in the bently manual (page 010-7).
cimbali is offline   Reply With Quote