View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #42
Deep Blue
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 451
My Ride: M52TUB28
Originally Posted by sstainba View Post
You must have a ballast to provide the 700+ volts these things require. However, you don't need *these* ballasts. In theory, you could use a ballast/starter from any flourescent light fixture, as long as it is for a tube of the approx length and provides the correct current.

What type/rating fuse are you using? I would recommend using a fast-blow 1.5A or at most a 2A. That will hopefully stop the burnings...
why do people keep refering to the INVERTERS as BALLAST? Unlike Xenon, the CCFL does not require a ballast. It it is just an inverter (google it).

Ballast is one thing and inverter is another
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote