View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #41
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Here is the best Filet Recipe I can think of.......

Black Peppercorn Encrusted Filet (or Sirloin) w/ a Courvoisier Cream Sauce

This sauce is enough for about 3 or 4 steaks

First, get some fresh ground black pepper, the more coarse, the better, you don't want it too fine
rub the pepper on the top and bottom of the steaks.....

for the sauce:

get 1 and 3/4 cups of beef stock, and reduce it down to 3/4 cup (boil for 10 minutes or so)
at the same time, chop up 1/4 cup of shallots (usually just one)
get those shallots and saute them in 1/3 stick of butter until golden brown (med heat, don't burn, large shallow sauce pan)
when done, pour the reduced beef stock in the shallow pan that has the shallots in it
add one pint of heavy cream, 3 table spoons of courvoisier, and one tablespoon of fine black pepper (measuring table spoons, not soup spoons)

should be a white-ish color because of all the cream you just put in
keep it on med-low to med heat........ it will take some time for this to reduce

stir very frequently with a wisk
as it cooks, it will burn up on the sides a little bit.... scrape that off with the wisk and stir back into the sauce
make sure the sauce isn't boiling, because the cream will separate from the butter and you will have a big mess

anyways, you are going to want to stir this down until you have a brownish sauce..... you will have to reduce it down probably around 60-70% but you aren't going to need much anyways, it is pretty rich

when you feel that it has only a couple minutes left, i suggest cooking the steak to med-rare (if not medium) and place a spoonful or two on top when the steak is done

haven made that in a while