Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #2110
adept

My Ride: 01 325i
Send a message via AIM to adept
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
Hey, I'll never tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do in order to protect themselves or to feel safe. The hard and fast letter of the law says you can't carry it. If a cop pulls you over and for some reason wants to search your car, be honest with them, and hopefully it will work out without a problem (maybe he'll just ask you to put it in the trunk or something). Bottom line is that if you use it to ward off an attacker at some point, its not like you're going to get arrested for having it in the first place (at least I can't imagine you would be).

The only thing I like to caution people about when they carry anything for protection (even pepper spray), just remember that if you run into someone who is doped up, mentally unstable, or just a flat out better fighter than you, it could always be taken away from you and used against you...

Thank you for answering my question... I have another curious question I have that I've been thinking about for a while.

Picture me doing something illegal (say going 10 mph over the speed limit) and you see me doing it as you are sitting on the side of the road looking for speeders. Would you as a police officer be less likely to pull me over if you noticed that I was smiling as if I was in the happiest mood ever? Or is this just a stupid thought? What about if you do pull me over and you notice that me and my girlfriend are both in great moods and we are about to go on an awesome date (or something like that). Would you be less likely to give me ticket if I was in a really good mood or if I was just acting normal?

-- This thought came to me after I was driving around ~1 month ago and I had a huge smile on my face due to something my GF said and I was also happening to be looking at a policer officer at the same time, and he smiled back at me (and I think I was noticably going a little too fast).