Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #2113
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky579 View Post
say you see me going a little fast and hit a turn at 12:30am with the tail on the verge to come out, but I keep it under control, no tire noise, I immediately notice you behind me and slow down 1-2mph below the speedlimit.

You pull me over and I'm dead quiet, and just hand you my drivers license, you ask me "do you know how fast you were going?" I respond "As far as I know I was driving the speed limit" You ask me "are you calling me a liar?" and procede to question me for the next 10 minutes and ask if I've been drinking numerous times, and all I said was no once, would you have given me a ticket, or stalked me for the next 4 days.

Was followed by cops for the next 4 days after I got pulled over that one time with no ticket.
Every cop is different as is every agency. Hard to make the call. If you live in a small town and you somehow pissed off one guy who told all his buddies, maybe that's why they were paying particular attention to you, otherwise it seems pretty unlikely that people would take the time or effort to follow you around, especially if they didn't hit you with further citations or anything. Perhaps the cops just happened to be around a lot on the route you take?? Seems pretty far fetched that anyone would take the time to follow you for 4 the next 4 days. If that guy was really that pissed the first day, he would have cited you.

To go a little further, most departments work 4 10 hour shifts or 3 12 hour shifts per week, so by day 4 or day 5, it would be a whole new shift of people making your contention even more far fetched...

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote