View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #37
murph1379

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
year and body style: 2001 330i sport
setup being rated: SCCA DS Autocross prep - Koni double adjustable shocks from TC Kline, (koni doesn't make double adjustable themselves) a 28(?)mm H&R front bar, and ground control adjustable endlinks
adjustments: adjustable front sway & endlinks, and both compression & rebound on all four shocks - bar is set to soft setting, shocks are set to 7 front, 5 rear compression, and full rebound for autocross, and no rebound for street. Full soft for both in the winter. (MN)
additional aftermarket components: HPS front / HP+ rear pads, extra set of sport wheels w/ Hoosier A6's in 245/40/17
additional info:
preferred ride style: D Stock Autocross, and daily driven
would you recommend this setup? Yes.
price paid, including installation (if applicable): $1900 for shocks, $120 for endlinks, $300? for swaybar, DIY install
ride comfort: if stock is 7, this setup is probably 6 for "comfort", in that my girlfriend doesn't like it as much.
handling: if stock is 7, this setup on the street is an 8, and a 9 for autocross use/settings.

The autocross settings are very unstreetable, but totally transform the car for that use. It's certainly not as good as a coilover setup, but it's stock-class legal, and quite a bit better for autocross. Reduces body roll significantly, and helps facilitate weight transfer to the rear, resulting in less inside rear tire spin and more grip.
murph1379 is offline   Reply With Quote