View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoz View Post
hmm I have the DICE kit and when you plug the iphone into it, it says you must go into airplane mode...it plays the music but does not allow you to control using the steering wheel controls or headunit like it does with my ipod....you guys plan on making these compatible with phone use as well?..for example being able to control thrugh the headunit and when someone calls you push the phone button on the steering wheel and it answers? that would be impressive.
I'll be happy to answer this for you.

The touch, new Classic and 3rd Generation nano lock the iPod's Clickwheel when attached to 3rd party devices, this is an iPod-specific issue - not the DICE.

Earlier iPods do not experience this issue. All DICE-specific features are still available. If Clickwheel operation is desired, you can set the DICE module's DIP switches to Simple iPod mode to gain access of the Clickwheel, but will lose text display on the radio when doing so.

We're in development with DICE to see if there is a way around this, but there is a grey area on what can be followed while complying with the "Made for iPod" program.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote