Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #2220
russm73

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
If I believe that they are just visiting and they haven't established residency, they wouldn't be cited if the violation I was going to cite them for is not illegal in their state of residence...
So the bottom line is that, any officer can cite any vehicle no matter what state they are in and if its illegal in their state? Do you guys automatically assume its illegal in their state or do u dispatch the operator to look up the law? How does that process work? I know not one officer knows every law in every state. (Also this is a totally off side question, but do you happen to know anyone in corrections in CA? I heard there is a big need in CA. Is corrections a safe job? Pay any good? Thanks for all the info you provided for me, greatly appreciated
Staggered ASA AR1's| Brembo sport drilled rotors| Hawk Hps pads| Stromung exhaust, resonator delete| ECIS Intake| Depo P46's| MyCARR angel eyes| Smoked corner lights| Clear side/ rear lights| 5 % tint all around| CF door pillars| CF trunk lip| M3 bumper| Strass lip| H&R Cupkit|
russm73 is offline   Reply With Quote