View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #52
Rajaie

My Ride: 528i 06/00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy With A BMW View Post
Wow...great info on the Dr Vanos...didnt know someone fixed that problem as I have heard it on atleast 10 other e46s.

I am pretty machanically inclined....I have cleaned (and do so everytime I change my Dinan intake filter) the MAF sensor with CRC MAF sensor cleaner, I have changed my ICV with a new one, and BMW did find a vacuum leak somewhere and replaced the hose ( I could not find) a year ago.

I do not know if I still have a vacuum leak, but I do not hear any hissing noises...where can I look for leaks?

I may changed out my VANOS with the one on the site in the future...I have learned to live with the tin-can rattle as my UUC LTW flywheel rattle is louder...but the car just dying when out of gear and turning the steering wheel to pull into a driveway is killing me....also sometimes when coming to a stop...happens in warm or cold weather.
Your idle problem might be the DISA valve. Here’s an informative link.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=342081

Take out the DISA valve and inspect it. Try to catch any broken parts as you remove it. If not broken, spray it with break cleaner to clean off all the gunk.
See if this helps.
Rajaie is offline   Reply With Quote