View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #43
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3one3 View Post
^an e36 m3 w/3.91 and same tires cruises at 92 in 5th gear @ 4750rpm, i dont think Ken will see 90mph @ 3 grand.
the E36 M3 has a different transmission gearing. can't compare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari00 View Post
Yeah, the revs will definitely take a hit on the highway in that case. Either way, it's cool that he took the initiative to be the guinea pig on this one.
in his first post he said he is not the first to do this. he's not even the first on this site to do it. but he is the first on this site to do the write-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
As Ashley said, I was cruising at 3K RPM at 90 before the swap. I've yet to find out what I do now. I will take it on the highway tomorrow. I drove around town tonight, and i managed better than I thought earlier. At 50 mph, I was only at 2000 RPM.
you'll do 14.5% more revs.

nice write-up.

if the diff cover bolt pattern is the same, you might want to consider putting the finned diff cover on and using some redline fluid. even the 3.64 diff that the auto ZHPs use have the finned diff cover. not to mention it looks very high performance sitting back there. that small diff is going to get hot.