View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:44 AM   #87
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Talking Question about Pioneers AVIC SERIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadfart View Post
Will an Avic series decks work with the Harmon Kardon stereo which has a separate Harmon Kardon amplifier? One of my buddies says that it might not work and that rewiring the whole stereo including wiring to the speakers might be required?
Yes Toadfart,

It will work fine but depending on which AVIC radio you have, determining the POWER RATING of that specific unit and how high you crank your music it can cut that arranged marriage short if you catch my drift.

when I was doing my Install, of my AVIC Z2 unit in my E46 M3 along with the bluetooth, ipod, XM Nav traffic and steering wheel adaptors all installed without upgrading the speakers and connecting the external aftermarket AMPS (JL A1800 & A6450) for almost 3weeks due to other higher priorities. it worked fine but i was careful not to play it too hard cause i knew the OEM Harmon Kardon speakers could NOT handle the power from the AVIC- Z2 through the factory amp.

hope that helped
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is online now   Reply With Quote