View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #34
dmwhite

My Ride: E36 M3, E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks View Post
Please review the application list I posted above, you will see that when specifically comparing apples to apples - meaning the Stasis 6-piston and UUC 6-piston for E46 M3, these are the exact same calipers. The only difference is we offer gray and red, and Alcon has made these in red for the very first time exclusively for UUC.
ah, so you are using monobloc calipers on your E46 M3 kits?

i reviewed the application list and there is no mention in your post or on your site that you are using monobloc calipers in any of your kits...and the only pictures that i've seen you post on forums or your site are of 2 piece calipers...

Quote:
I think you might be forgetting the most important BMW racing venue...

BMW CCA Club Racing:

2008 rules: http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/stat...08+-+v13.2.pdf

Prepared Classes
4. Brakes
B.
Calipers are free with the following limitations: 4 piston maximum, 2-piece design, 1 caliper per wheel.

Which means you can't use the 6-piston Monobloc, but the 4-piston 2-piece is legal.
nice try but i'm well aware of the bmwcca cr prepared rules...that's why i'm running 2 piece 4 piston calipers at all 4 corners instead of monoblocs...

your statement was:
Quote:
In many racing classes, the rules limit upgraded brake calipers to no more than 4 pistons and no more than 5% over original diameter.
the only 2 classes that i know of that have that rule are GS and ST in koni challenge...bmwcca cr prepared class does not have this rule (rotor sizing is not specifically limited or maybe you can show me where the 5% over stock wording is?)...
FOR SALE: National Championship winning #275 JP car

E36 328 JP/GTS-? | E46 M3 | Suburban 8.1L | Grand Cherokee V8

Last edited by dmwhite; 03-06-2008 at 09:11 AM.
dmwhite is offline   Reply With Quote