View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #71
jorg323

My Ride: 1999 323i
Ideally, only close friends or family members drive my car.

Quote:
Im the same way with my cars. On my other car (BBC 72 Nova) I have a hidden switch where I can choose between rev limits, so I have one setting under 3K whenever I have to take it in to get the front end aligned. I came back to pick it up once and one of the mechanics said the engine was missing. So I yelled at him " were you doing driving my car around!? On the lift, off the lift, no more! "...
I know this is from an old post, but for the record: alignment techs are supposed to take every car they align out for a test drive after they finish. Nothing extended, just a spin down some streets, because they have to make sure the car is aligned properly. If there was a problem with your alignment job, wouldn't you rather they catch and fix it before you pay and the car is returned to you? I'm sure some techs do end up taking inappropriate joy rides w/customer cars, but a test drive is part of their job.

18" Black ASA AR1 Rims | Yokohama Advan S4 Tires | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Brembo Slotted Rotors | 6000k Xenons | 6000k P. Chrom. Angel Eyes | Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights | K&N FIPK CAI | M-Tech II Front Bumper | 35% Tint | Clear Corners | Matte Black Grille
jorg323 is offline   Reply With Quote