Thread: Mozart Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 07:13 PM   #15
Delirium
yo mama

My Ride: -
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon

Please let's not start with bashing UUC again for doing something that SOOO many U.S. companies do in this global economy. Outsourcing for parts is extremely common.

BTW - for the "extra" $200 you spend on the UUC, you do get "extras" like the 2" piping & hangers (which you'd have to pay a shop $$$ for if you bought the Mozart muffler only), and (more importantly) you get a company like UUC standing behind their finished product.
Sorry, I am not bashing UUC, just stating that you can get the same thing for half the cost for those of us that dont want to spend as much on mods. Just want to make everyone aware that there are alternatives that are not knock-offs. UUC is great & I know that Rob completely stands behind their product. But to me that does not justify an extra $200 for the same muffler I can get somewhere else. I also wanted those who discriminate so much against "*****" cars to know that these parts are coming from the same place & are just labeled differently.
I have lots of respect for UUC, dont get me wrong, just letting us ghetto BMW drivers know you can get a deal elsewhere.

btw, I dont think the piping & hangers will cost $200. Actually I know it will not cost that much. I think you can get the muffler above for about $300 installed at a muffler shop. (not including shipping tho)
Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote