View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #260
Imola.ZHP

My Ride: Imola ZHP
Well, I went to install the Aurora's and had some trouble...

After getting the first headlight back in the car, I noticed the ring was a little off centered and pushing out at the bottom...

As I took the headlight apart, still on the car, it was aparent what happened. When I re-assembled the headlight, I gently put the black inner pice (shroud?, not sure what to call it) over the headlights and the halo's. But I must not have snapped it completely in at the corner where the projecor is. When I snapped the outer clear plastic cover on the headlights I didn't notice that the black inner surround pushed up against the positive soldered contact on the halo. Furthermore It pushed it back far enough to a) scratch the chrome and b) break the EXTREMELY fragile halo where the cheap plastic clips pop in...

Its interesting, really, the directions state that the clips "break easily" so if you sold the most expensive halo kit (that I'm aware of) and you knew they broke easily. Couldn't you/wouldn't you include a few extra? I mean, c'mon, they can't be very expensive. I did end up breaking one of those too...

I sent an e-mail through EAS's website last night, interesting it said I would receive a response promptly, yet almost 24 hours later (and not on a weekend) no response...

Either I have the wrong kit, or there is a design flaw, however, looking at other kits in this thread, I don't see how I wouldn't have the same problem with other kits. Do the halo's have to be directly up against the chrome to clear the black inner plastic piece? And if so, how is that NOT going to scratch the chrome off? The edges are not "razor" sharp, but will easily scratch the chrome off of the headlights...

Thoughts?

-- '03 330i ZHP
-- Marcus
Imola.ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote