View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #86
Minnoe07

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330Ci
When I had my CEL pop during my 200+ mile trip, it never turned off. I went to the local autozone and cleared it with a code reader. It hasn't come back in over a month. For some reason, and I don't know what, long road trips are the only things that seem to make the CEL come on, which is fine with me since I only need to pass an OBD scan for emissions and I rarely take long road trips.

If you have to pass smog (a.k.a. tail pipe sniffer) these non-foulers will do absolutely nothing for you.

Non-foulers are only for the people in states where all you have to do is pass an OBD readiness test. They plug up to your OBD and scan for any codes. Any codes = fail. If you clear codes and go get tested too soon = fail. These non-foulers will keep your CEL light from coming on = pass.

The right angle idea might work. Just need a person skilled enough to do that. I don't know if that will be enough to keep the CEL from popping though. You can always try and find out.

2004 330Ci 6 Speed; UUC Sway Bars; Powerflex RTAB's and FCAB's; KW V2 Coilovers; 3.38 OS Giken LSD
Z4 Finned Diff Cover; Headers; M-Tech II Rear Bumper and CF Diffusor; CF Trunk; CSL Front Bumper
M3 CF Hood; DICE I-Pod Kit; JTD Rear Shock Mounts; UUC Front Strut Bar; O2 Simulators
ESS TS2 Twin Screw Supercharger

Minnoe07 is offline   Reply With Quote