View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #21
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Sounds like a real good use of everyones time. The cops driving around for 15 minutes looking for a spot, finding one, then takin 10 or 15 minutes to walk to where they need to go. And the people who have nothing better to do but meander around writing faux parking tickets on their windshield. That really makes the world a better place.

You know what, I make a point, a POINT of parking in red zones, even if there are spaces open. Precisely because the parking situation in LA is so bad. I'm not gonna take up a legitimate parking space that somebody else needs when my car is the only one that can be left in a red zone. Invariably though, every once in a blue moon some idiot will try to raise a stink. Of course, they only do it with the police cars, never with the ambulances, fire, or any number of other government or state owned vehicles that use their exempt plates to park in red zones. Or even delivery trucks that park someplace with their hazards flashing. Oh, it's fine for somebody to park illegally if they're bringing numbnuts his mail-order-pen*s-enlarger, but not if they respond to his 911 for help.

Now, imagine if that jackass lawyer gets what he wants in his perfect world? ALL vehicles, exempt government vehicles included, MUST park in designated spaces/meters. Now those hundreds of thousands (in the city of LA ALONE) of cars are vying for the same parking spaces you are. Unless he can magically pull millions of square footage of parking real-estate out of his as*, then he's just creating more problems than he's solving. And again, I'm just talking about how this reflects on the already dire PARKING situation. I'm not even touching on how assinine it is from an emergency response and priorities perspective.
DUDE WAS ON LUNCH

Get a grip... If you want to spout off the necessity of being available at a any moment, then breaks and such should not be permitted. And I don't think anyone would disagree with your use of red zones in LA. But if there are open spots you should be using them. If you're blatantly being a lard ass and abusing your power and you COULD park proper, yet didn't, citizens should speak up.

Using emergency lanes for meal time is a perk and abuse of your status.

Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/

Last edited by braymond141; 07-24-2008 at 11:51 AM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote