View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 05:17 AM   #9
mit

My Ride: 00 325Ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsmead View Post
ccfj1 many thanks. I had a feeling the microphone was installed there. Unfortunately I have no obvious cutout there on mine so would mean cutting the lining. Don't fancy doing that. I have noticed another possible location and this is using the 'missing' grab handle screw covers right above the driver's door glass.

Did you cut your lining to get the microphone in or was there some blanking plate already there?

Thanks for the info about the connects 2. Unfortunately it does not answer my original question regarding 3100 unit.
Mine is actually built into the interior light cluster, not mounted seperately (I have a convertible) - so check whether your light cluster has the mic slot there.

For the steering controls, the bottom line is you have a BMW. If you want full, clean integration then you will have to pay for it. The Audicom SW200C adapter will work with the 3100 (and also later MK6000 models) but the Connects2 lead won't. See www.audicom.it for more information on the audicom adapter.

This is the email I got from Connects2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connects2
The adapter we offer for the E46 3 Series allows you to use the steering wheel controls with a Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth kit.
The adapter allows you to answer, end, reject a call, last number redial, volume in call and voice dialling from the steering wheel. This will also mute the radio and put the audio through the car speakers.
The CK3000 Evolution does not support A2DP.

There are two adapters we offer depending upon which connection you have at the back of your head unit:

PPAR007: 17 way round pin
PPAR008: 40 way flat pin

Your nearest distributor can be found via the following link:
http://www.connects2.com/c2ukdealersrch.aspx

Regards

Connects2
You can buy the Audicom interface from a company called Incartec for 50 - www.incartec.co.uk - but you will have to email them as it's not listed on their website. If you want to go with Connects2 you will need to get a CK3000.

As far as I know, the Autoleads adapter will only do the volume controls. My bluetooth buttons are still useless on my car *but* on my car I got rid of the BMW head unit completely and have an alpine unit instead, so it might just be my setup.

Hope this helps