View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
M_powered

My Ride: got dumb & I shot it
Quote:
Originally Posted by assdon View Post

The CEO of BMW M GmbH, Ludwig Willisch, spilled his guts to Auto-Motor-und-Sport in a recent interview about the future of BMW's high-performance M division. The news was good, bad, and downright dumbfounding. For the good, Willish mentioned that future M-models will include high-revving turbocharged engines, and offer ceramic brakes. The bad news is that there will be no E91 M3 Touring, E92 M3 CSL, or M1 Concept. Apparently, BMW doesn't feel there is enough of a market to support those vehicles. The perplexing news is that BMW is currently working on M-versions of the X5 and X6 (apparently to answer a question that enthusiasts have yet to ask). While we cannot control the electrochemical signals being sent between neurons within BMW's think tank, we can continue to hope that BMW doesn't dilute the M-brand the way Mercedes-Benz has with AMG.

AMG is by no means diluted let me tell you that right now.. I´ve driven all these guys : CLS 63, C63, M3 and M3 DCT and there is no doubt that MB AMG has come soo close to lashing BMWs new M3 just by brute force ! BUT the M3 still holds the advantage of being the most precise car to drive ... for the moment.
Competition is not sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
I thought the M brand was all about NA engines, not turbos
This will change, right now they´re even looking into Hybrid tech on F1 Racing cars !!