View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #42
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixapphire View Post
couple of questions from a newb:

1. what about the bars that are up on ebay; there's an interesting "cantilevered-beam" looking thing up there periodically (looks like an old railroad bridge-like thing) stamped with (probably counterfeit) ac schnitzer. looks neat, but wondering if it's worth anything performancewise. it IS pretty cheap, though...

2. i've got a wagon; does putting on a rear bar require hacking into the interior and attaching to the tops of the suspension/shock towers, or does the rear bar attach underneath the car?

i know these are dum-dum questions, and apologize for asking. i've not had the chance to look further into this, and in any event when i went to read my manual yesterday (just bought this thing CPO from the hermosa beach dealer) i found that they've graciously supplied me with a set of manuals... for the sedans. there is no useful information about anything from the rear seats back in these manuals, and i'm very disappointed in the dealer for this.

otherwise, i'm loving this car. gas tank could be a few gallons larger, though.
It sounds like you are talkng about the "Strut bars" and not "Sway bars"(aka anti-roll bars). Different things.