View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
Kanaljen

My Ride: 2002 330i, Honda F4
I replied to your PM.

When doing so, I didn't realize that you already have injection.. Some good info in there thought. I think when you start packing on too much on that VT1 setup, you need to get the whole thing re-tuned.. Have you talked with ESS yet? Or, is there a shop doing custom tuning? If so, what would be the cost? Soon, you should just sell the car and get an M..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhriss View Post
For a decent kit I'd have to have a full service shop I use to do this at $100 and hour so that looks like 14 hours or so $1400 and tax then $2100 for the ESS kit, so like $3600, but more actually cause if I have to take off the bumper I need to have an antenna and my laser star heads r an i'd too, so when said and done just for an intercooler $4100. I could just put better cylinders in and new seals/O-Rings or maybe stroke man. Is it really worth it to do this if I already spent $1200 on Water Injection?? I mean seriously, is this really going to give me that much more or is it really necessary to not blow my engine?? At this rate, I might as well just rebuild and do new cylinders it looks like and not cut boost etc?

Thoughts suggestions, seems like this is over precautionary, I could just get away with 2psi more and bump up the WI spray or go with a bigger nozzle.
02 330i, b-sapphire, L&S package, Tan/black leather, 18" M72, Tint, Sway bars, F & R strut braces, LTW flywheel, M5 clutch, 3.15 diff, Modded exhaust, SSK, U-drive pullies, Clear front corners, smoked tail and sides, stealth bulbs, B/W roundels, blacked-out emblem, trunk spoiler, Bi-xenon, angle eyes, HID fog lights, drilled Brembo, LTW battery, VDO gauges, Premium HK, extra amps & subs, ESS S/C, PS2 235,265, pss10, adj rear ctrl arms, IC coming
Kanaljen is offline   Reply With Quote