View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #15
Kanaljen

My Ride: 2002 330i, Honda F4
Oh, so it's more of a "tool" to download provided software into you ECU via the port, not a tool allowing you to change the various parameters of the software yourself..

But, as you say, much easier than sending off the ECU.. especially if ESS is willing to look at AFR graphs, make appropriate tweaks to the software and sending you back the file to download (using the MTH cartune application).

Side note: How do you measure your AFR? I want one bad but have read that the stock exhaust manifold on the 330i has the cats built in , which makes it impossible to attach the probes for teh AFR gauge.. Is this correct? Do I need to aftermarket headers to be able to get an accurate AFR reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhriss View Post
Yeah man, MTH Cartune is just a software application that allows you to reprogram with the file that ESS gives you that you pay $500 for, and the ISO adpater is the interface cable to connect. Hope that helps. This way you don't have to send them your ECU!! and they can just have you read car etc. and do updates easily whenever you mess with stuff. They are good, my AFR's are an even 12 across and then at 6.5 psi a bit rich at 11.5 now, everything in harmony.
02 330i, b-sapphire, L&S package, Tan/black leather, 18" M72, Tint, Sway bars, F & R strut braces, LTW flywheel, M5 clutch, 3.15 diff, Modded exhaust, SSK, U-drive pullies, Clear front corners, smoked tail and sides, stealth bulbs, B/W roundels, blacked-out emblem, trunk spoiler, Bi-xenon, angle eyes, HID fog lights, drilled Brembo, LTW battery, VDO gauges, Premium HK, extra amps & subs, ESS S/C, PS2 235,265, pss10, adj rear ctrl arms, IC coming
Kanaljen is offline   Reply With Quote