View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
thefitter

My Ride: Is tight all night!
WTF, 3 different alignment specs for an E46? Any alignment gurus out there?

Anyone know why I would find 3 different alignment spec sheets? I have 1 from the dealer, 1 from an independent BMW shop and one from a Goodyear tire shop that does other automotive repairs. All 3 are using Hunter alignment racks and all three are different. I have found reference online to the specs from the indie shop and the Goodyear shop but not what I got from the dealer. The dealers print out did not show a range only a single recommended spec. Oh and… from what I can tell it’s NOT due to wheel size.

I have no idea what I should set this car up too. It’s really dumped and I have adjustable rear camber arms but not front camber/caster plates. I want the handling to be aggressive but I do not want to eat up the new PSIIs I just put on.

A tech at the dealer said that since the suspension is so far from stock that stock specs do not apply and that I need to find a “suspension guru” that really knows how to properly align a dumped car.
2002 325i - BBS RK ~ Michelin PSII ~ Bilstein CoilOver ~ Rogue RSTM ~ Brembo BBK (custom yellow color) ~ H-Sport Sways ~ TMS endlinks ~ M-Sport CA ~ Powerflex CAB ~ M-Sport STB ~ Ground Control RCA ~ PowerFlex RTAB ~ SuperSprint catback ~ Vorshlag ACP ~ Dinan CAI ~ Dinan SW ~ Denso Iridium ~ Royal Purple XPR ~ Formula One Pinnacle 35.

2007 335i - 100% Stock except dumped the run flats for Michelin PSII.
thefitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.