View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #16
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E46 with 254K
Sorry if it was offensive but replacing a part just because a code said so is stupid! I have posted many times how to test the part to make sure it has failed. I have even posted how to test it with DIY tools. I can do a search for you but I know I have posted at least two times how to test this part. I DO HELP on this board and sometimes my posts are not the most politically correct BUT if you ask for help I will help if you ask to replace a part that you don't know where it is on the car and want to replace it because of a code I KNOW YOU did not test the part. Another member mad e a valid point about the breather line may be broken or have a small hole in it going back to the tank and you dismissed him and said that NOT YOUR ISSUE how do you know if you didn't test. This is were my comments came from. It was not ment as an attack on you just the procedures you used to make this repair.

Seth Thorson
Service Manager/BMW Tech
JB Eurotech Service "Your Reasonable Dealer Alternative"

General Questions can be sent to appointment@jbeurotech.com

1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Last edited by jbeurotech; 09-12-2008 at 02:58 PM.
jbeurotech is offline   Reply With Quote