View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
yellowssm

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCswedishM3 View Post
Vp is overrated. The best brand is Sunoco, and it is cheaper. Never heard of rockett before. Why dont you run Sunoco GT+. It is unleaded and will provide just as much protection as 110 leaded(and more power). And wont destroy your o2 sensors.
I havent found any places here in vegas that sells sunocco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
The race gas setup for the HPF cars requires minimum 110oct. GT+ is only 104oct and won't provide as much protection as 110. It will give you some more power b/c it is oxygenated, but that is usually due to it leaning you out some. More octane (leaded gas) will keep the detonation issues down, allowing more timing, but does kill the O2 sensors. I ran 5-10 gallons of leaded through my Audi S4 all the time and just made sure to dilute it with unleaded after I was done having fun. I probably ran 100+gallons of leaded through it and NO issues with my sensors. I data-logged every 1/4 mile run and tuning session and the sensors would react slower for a few days, then they would be ok again. I know it would eventually kill them, but it is the price to pay for being able to turn up the boost and keep the timing high. Just my 2cents....
I see you are in vegas, Have you seen 110 leaded around? Preferbly on the west side of town.