View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 AM   #15
paraklas

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartabus View Post
Hi i like the GENUINE M3 MIRROR RETROFIT WITH AUTOFOLD FUNCTION it`s fantastic,how you did it.
I have a question cos i got a BMW 318 e46 compact and i`m will be fitting M3 style mirrors.ok my question is do i need the control module to make all this conversion work, or is the control module just for igniton key and button on the key to make them fold??i`m not sure i explad this right,but i hope you know what i mean cos i orderd the mirrors now and it`s to late to go back now..thanks look forward to hear from you..
Cartabus...
If you ordered the autofolding mirrrors and want them to autofold, then you have to buy the SAM1.0 module (www.innoparts.de) and the mirror switch with fold button (dealer).

Quote:
i`m bying the M3 style auto fold from this company,maybe you have time and have a look tell me what you think pls.this is the weblink were i both them from,for a BMW Compact(http://www.bmstyling.co.uk/E46Exterior.htm) they said to me all i need to make the autofold work is get an eletric window switch and that should do for them to fold in and out the mirrors.but i have to say when i sow your DIY job 2 days later after i orderd and payed for these mirrors,i was amazed.and i kind of like thigs on my BMW to look as good and as best,and your`s stands out by a mile..so if it was you telling me what do,what you think i should do pls?go with the simple eletric window swith choice or your M3 MIRROR RETROFIT..?Thanks once again for your help and replay,look forward to your advice on what i should do..
As I said, you can't fold the mirrors with only the switch. If your car did not come with the folding mirrors from factory, then you are missing the fold module. From what I see in the website, the mirrors will be 6-pin so you can skip the pin conversion, but I'm afraid you will have to do the rest of the steps