Thread: MAF help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
imax3000

My Ride: 99' 323i
MAF help!!!!

Can anyone help me out, I got a EML and read the code it said Mass air flow sensor. So I got a new one from EBAY and put it in. I hooked it up with it's connector and then started my car. It started up fine and idled fine, but when I went for a test drive it would bog down and I couldn't get out of 1st gear. It pretty much wouldn't go above 2000 rpm and it sounded like it was chocking. So next I left the new MAF installed but disconnected it and started it again. it ran just fine and I had no problems. I've actually been driving it like this for a week now and the only thing not normal is I can smell some extra gas burn off when I drive, like it's running a little rich and my MPG is worse then it was before, but it drives just fine and the only EML i'm getting is the mass air flow sensor one. The old MAF was definitely bad because I could see both the little diodes things were completely gone. Is it necessary to get the ECU recoded after replacing the MAF? I'm not sure. If anyone has experienced this sort of problem any help would be awesome before I have to take it to the dealership and get jammed for a bunch of money with something I can probably do myself. Thanks for the help.
imax3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.