View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #14
InterlagosMcoupe

My Ride: M coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ifc3s View Post
yeah kirk, i just got it back from the shop, i have been there for the last 4 hours trying to make the bumper fit and the hood close without the grills hitting the oil cooler. i gotta tell you man, since you guys changed some of the parts on the kit there are a lot of little mods needed to make it work with the car. there was a intercooler pipe that had to be fabbed and the inner structure of the bumper had to be cut to allow clearance for the intercooler, after it was pushed back as far as it could go against the electric fan. then we had to cut away the rubber pieces on the inside of the kidneys so they wouldnt hit the oil cooler.
but now since that is done with i am enjoying the car a lot more now than i ever did before, so for that part i love it but the rest (install) i think a few things need to be re looked at for a direct plug and play.
almost forgot, the air filter piping was a good length and everything but you didnt send a plug kit to extend the maf plugs so they had to leave a section of the intake pipe off until i can re wire the maf to extend the wires to reach. thats what the shop told me anyways.

The cutting is pretty standard, your shop should have known they needed to do it from begin with. They also should have been more then capable to extend the MAF wires without a "kit". Again this is VERY standard stuff. And the piping can be a bit of a pain, but an experienced shop should be able to work through it very easily.

I would suggest next time you take your car to a different shop as that one clearly does not have the proper experience to be working on your car.
InterlagosMcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote