View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
[Quite=2001_328Ci]something has to be wrong. I ran staggered 19's on stock sport suspension with 235 in front and 265 in the rear and never had rubbing issues. Even now, dropped on pss9s, I don't have any rubbing. Something has to be wrong with the offset or camber. [/quote]

I have not had an alignment yet, so it could be the camber as well. But I am wondering if the stock shocks are at their limit. They do have 81K on them. The car never seemed to bounce much though before and rode very tight and still does, but I guess it just has too much up and down movement for the 19s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01330vert View Post
dude i had the same exact problem with my miro m6 reps. i am running the same tire size setup. to eliminate the front rubbing i had to purchase a new suspension. my stock sport suspension was shot with 95,xxx miles on it. the new shocks would give you less bounce and eliminate some rubbing. you best bet is to do what i did and use this opportunity to grab a set of coilovers! the rear will likely rub on you also, to fix the rear i had my fenders cut, it eliminated all rub even with the backseat full. pm me if you need any help
That is what I have been wondering. I really don't have the funds to do coilovers right now... I may just have to replace the shocks for now. Unless I can find a reasonable kit somewhere and get it installed though my Indy shop as well.

I will have to check on that. Thanks man. I apprecaite it!

I was wondering if the aftermarket springs are tight enough to keep the front end from compressing so much even though they sit lower?

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote