View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #36
BMWilli
G-cool, G-smooth, G-style

My Ride: 323 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Dude Xi View Post
Havin aftermarket headers, what catback exhaust is best to use with?
Depending on what you would consider as best.....best performance? best looking? best sounding?

I wouldn't say there is a best exhaust to use with, as most exhausts don't provide much HP compared with some other mods. As for looks, it just depends on what tip style you like.

Now for sound, that is totally up to you again (if you search for sound clips on here you will see quite a few options) How loud do you want, how quiet do you want? Do you like drone or rasp? Do you want to annoy anyone?

Seeing that if you put in headers you won't really have a cat, unless you get an aftermarket one welded in.

After saying that, it would be really loud with headers, no resonators, and a tse3 or straight pipe, but if you had headers, both resonators, and your stock muffler it will be more on the quiet side except that it will have a low rumble.

For a sound in between, I think that you should keep one resonator on, and go with any Ikon, Remus, Stromung, Supersprint, stock muffler, etc (whatever your preferrence), would be fine.
BMWilli is offline   Reply With Quote