Consider that you only have 40k km, about 25k miles, I would recommend to try some tlc first.
- If the pads are getting thin, replace
- Use some anti squeal paste inside the new pads
- You could change the rotors too but it's about $80 a side I would guess. Some turn the OEM ones... I don't, I like to get fresh ones when I change pads.
- Clean and re-grease the two caliper pins. Consider "upgrading" to solid brass guides and new pins.
- Inpect brake lines and brake pad sensors, replace as needed.
- Inspect and adjust parking brake assembly
(Don't forget to dissengage the p-brake when taking off the rear rotors...
- Flush the brake system (since you should consder bleeding the brakes anyway, just do so a lot and thus replace the brake fluid) You can have some one pump the brake pedal or just do what I do; pressurize the brake reservoir with one of those pump canisters..
Just my suggestions.. maybe just change the pads if they are worn as a first step..
02 330i, b-sapphire, L&S package, Tan/black leather, 18" M72, Tint, Sway bars, F & R strut braces, LTW flywheel, M5 clutch, 3.15 diff, Modded exhaust, SSK, U-drive pullies, Clear front corners, smoked tail and sides, stealth bulbs, B/W roundels, blacked-out emblem, trunk spoiler, Bi-xenon, angle eyes, HID fog lights, drilled Brembo, LTW battery, VDO gauges, Premium HK, extra amps & subs, ESS S/C, PS2 235,265, pss10, adj rear ctrl arms, IC coming