View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
wlmmn

My Ride: 02 330ci+05AudiAllro
Hotchkis sent the wrong f-ing bar!!

Last week I ordered some Hotchkis sway bars for my '02 330ci, and swung by my indy shop this morning to have them installed. After about two hours, the head tech tells me the rear bar won't fit, even though the part number matches. They call Hotchkis about this and they confirm that they sent a box with the correct part number on it and that they want a picture of the bar. The tech takes a picture of the rear bar and Hotchkis says that it is indeed the wrong bar misboxed. It's a rear bar for another car put in the wrong box for the part.

So my shop puts on the front bar (which was correct) and sets it on the full soft setting. They also tell me the understeer will probably be a bit worse and that they won't get the bar until late next week.

Meanwhile, I've got a huge front Hotchkis bar and a stock rear bar to drive around with until about the 23rd or 24th.

Thanks Hotchkis, for f-ing up. The shop owner said he wasn't too happy about it either since he said the shop basically wasted an hour trying to get a bar that wouldn't fit on, and also said "this is so typical of aftermarket parts companies."

Makes me a little hesitant to order any other mods.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.