I too wanted to thank those who posted such informative information about the DIY.
I found it very very useful to read before I successfully completed the job today. (My Peake tool was sending code: 15 41)
Here are my adds:
When I bought my parts (from Evan at Tischer!) I purchased not only the new sensor but also the o-ring for it, a replacement o-ring for the vanos solenoid, and a new screw for attaching the sensor. All these extras were cheap and help ensure a good job. The screw for the sensor cost $0.36 and came with a dab of loctite already on it.
Someone in this thread mentioned earlier to be careful removing the vent pipe attached to the valve cover. I can attest to this because when I removed mine it snapped in two. The plastic becomes extremely brittle.
The replacement part for that vent tube costs $25-30. After it broke, I removed the old and then installed the new at the difficult end using a long thin screwdriver and my hands.
Thanks again to the posters of the great DIY info.