View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
nleksan

My Ride: 328Ci, 325i, 740i
Send a message via AIM to nleksan
330-style Exhaust onto 328Ci (switch from "single" to "True dual")

I know something similar was asked recently, but my question is slightly different. I have a 328Ci, which as we all know, is a 2-1-2 exhaust. Now, I don't like having two tips but only being a "single pipe" system. I can't imagine it takes advantage of potential "flow" capabilities, so I want to go with a true-dual exhaust from the headers-back.

Would it be as simple as buying a 330Ci exhaust (rather, an aftermarket exhaust designed for the 330Ci), cutting off the flanges that connect the exhaust to the headers, and re-welding them to the proper angle? I can have the labor done for little to no money, so it's not an issue.

What I want to know is:
Will there be any noticeable benefit doing this as opposed to just getting a full-exhaust designed for a 328Ci? I will be supercharging the car (ESS TSx), so I would think the extra flow would help the car N/A AND FI. Is this the case?
Will this improve the sound over a comparable aftermarket 328 exhaust, or will it sound worse? I imagine it would be a bit louder, but not terribly. "Volume" isn't at the top of my worries at all.
I'm going to be installing eBay headers soon. Should I get the 328 Headers and just figure out how to bolt on a 330 exhaust, so that the only "flanges" I'm messing with are on the easier-to-access part of the headers (the exhaust's flanges to mate the headers, not the header's to mate the exhaust's)?

Thanks!

- DPE - Apex - BBS - PFC 6/4 2pc BBK - KW Clubsport - PowerFlex -
- M-Tech - Rogue Engineering - Ground Control - Odyssey -
- Hotchkis - AFE - UUC - AKG - Dinan - VAC - TC Kline -
- TMS - OS Giken - SuperSprint - Vorsteiner - Recaro - Samco - Fluidyne - MORE! -
GARAGE:
- 2000 328Ci Topaz 6MT-Swap ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/HID/HK (Street/Track)
- 2001 325i TiAg 5MT/ZSP/ZCW (Street)
- 2006 M3 ZCP AW/IR 6MT/ZCP/HID (Street)
nleksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.