View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
4 door 330

My Ride: 2001 330i
Question Economical Sound Upgrade, 2 Questions...

First off, I've got an '01 330 Sedan with stock sound, which is no good. I've got a good bit of electronic wiring experience, and I worked as a mechanic for a few years, so installing is not an issue, but I just don't know alot about audio stuff. (IE, where to buy and what is good v. what is crappy)

1) I want to upgrade the speakers, but I don't have $600 to spend on the BSW Stage I Kit. What can I get for $300-$400 that will perform close to that if there is anything? (I would like to retain stock locations, but I plan on keeping the car for a LONG time, so if I have to do a little modification to the door frame it's OK)

2) I've got a line on a good price for the HK Subs that came with premium sound, I know they aren't great, but I'm not big into bass, and they would be better than no subs at all. (...and they look factory because they are) Is this a simple plug-n-play affair, or do I need any harness or amp to make this work?

I've searched the forums for info but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2001 330i 4dr - In the garage.
1986 335is - Sold.
1975 2002 - Sold.
1989 E30 M3 - Sold.
4 door 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.