View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
Bimmer Dude Xi

My Ride: 03 325XI 07 ZX-6R
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer Dude Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Tires View Post
I am considering a big brake kit and have been researching the many different kits. I too would prefer to have functional pad wear sensors.

Dinan claims that their BBKs retain the oem wear sensors. There appears to be a small pocket in the pad to accept the sensor. Because the Dinan kit is merely a re-labeled Brembo kit, it can be assumed that the Brembo kits will also retain the sensor. Stoptech kits use a different but possibly compatible sensor. See their website for more details. I don't know about the use of sensors with other BBKs.

Unfortunately the Dinan and Brembo kits are very expensive and the Stoptech kits are only slightly less expensive.
I saw on UUC Motor Werks which are very cheap price for front and rear kit. On UUC Motor Werks page they offer WILWOOD big brake kit front and rear with 4 pistons calipers for 2100, so I wonder if i can use the brake pad sensors in these. I hope so, I'm going to give UUC call tomorrow and ask them.

|Dinan High Flow Air Box|Eibach Pro Kit|Koni Sport|UUC Strut Barbarian|UUC TSE3|UUC Underdrive Pulleys|18" VMR V710|

|BMC Race Air Filter|CRG Spectrum Levers| Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines|Volar Motorsport Spiked Frame & Bar-end Sliders|
Bimmer Dude Xi is offline   Reply With Quote