View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Dude Xi View Post
Well I plan on doing more than just cams. Intake or maybe supercharged, engine software, tranny software, full exhaust, larger throttle body, pullies. So I'm looking for more ways to add HP.

This is my first bimmer, so I'm really just getting to know these cars. Before this car, I also have a 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. I would like to get a 330 but the way economy is, it'll be tough. It was hard for me to get this 325.
Perhaps you should plan to hang on to your money then... but this thread isn't about your finances.

Plan carefully. Cams for FI are not the same as cams for a NA motor. With an auto 325, FI options are going to be boost limited by the transmission and would likely make FI cams pointless. If you stay NA and pursue cams, plan on ~ $2500 +/- for the cams and install to give you another ~ 20 hp, mostly on the top end. Intake and throttle body would probably help you get the most out of cams otherwise their value is questionable. Personally, I'm not a fan of pullies.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote