View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
Bimmer Dude Xi

My Ride: 03 325XI 07 ZX-6R
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer Dude Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
Perhaps you should plan to hang on to your money then... but this thread isn't about your finances.

Plan carefully. Cams for FI are not the same as cams for a NA motor. With an auto 325, FI options are going to be boost limited by the transmission and would likely make FI cams pointless. If you stay NA and pursue cams, plan on ~ $2500 +/- for the cams and install to give you another ~ 20 hp, mostly on the top end. Intake and throttle body would probably help you get the most out of cams otherwise their value is questionable. Personally, I'm not a fan of pullies.
I definitely understand what you're saying. Yea I saw the difference between Na and FI cams. I can't believe installation for cams is so much. I miss modding my good ol 4G63-T motor. Reasons why I researching before I decide to mod anything in my engine bay. Personal reasons why you're not a fan of pullies?

|Dinan High Flow Air Box|Eibach Pro Kit|Koni Sport|UUC Strut Barbarian|UUC TSE3|UUC Underdrive Pulleys|18" VMR V710|

|BMC Race Air Filter|CRG Spectrum Levers| Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines|Volar Motorsport Spiked Frame & Bar-end Sliders|
Bimmer Dude Xi is offline   Reply With Quote