View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #11
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
ur auto and xi... i'd do nothing to this car. not only do you stand to break an auto tranny (search this forum for the horror stories), but you have the AWD in the mix to screw up.

GL, but you honestly have the worst possible e46 for modding (engine wise). buy some nice exterior parts and enjoy the car as it is!

Sorry, not trying to be mean, just honest.
I completely agree that a 325xi auto is not a great base for modding. A few NA mods probably wouldn't be an issue as they're not likely to produce enough additional power to really stress things. A SC would be much more of a gamble. Either way, it's a gamble that someone who might not have a spare $5k laying around to replace a transmission should seriously consider before starting to mod.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote