Thread: E36 vs e46
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #10
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by m52slow View Post
The E46 has a much nicer interior. Especially black/alcantara along with CF trim features.

But the E36 IS WITHOUT A DOUBT a faster and more nimble car. This is of course assuming it has been maintained properly. I don't mind driving our E46 325 on the backroads. The feel it delivers is pretty solid but feel and reality are two different animals.
+1.

Having owned both cars, I will say the E36 is a much more raw vehicle. It feels much more connected to the road whereas the E46 feels more polished, more refined and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. They feel like two different animals in terms of driving characteristics. One word really defines the E46: SMOOTH; whether you're putting aorund town or tracking it, the car feels so bloody composed!

For an overall experience including comfort, amenities, space, and driving pleasure, I have to give the nod to the E46. It's just so much nicer than my E36 was (and that car was HEAVILY modded in comparison to my 330Ci). Take all the things you dislike about the E36 and work them out, the end result is the E46. That's probably the best I can summarize the two

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
M-Audio, Power Sunshades, GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote