View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #22
Bimmer Dude Xi

My Ride: 03 325XI 07 ZX-6R
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer Dude Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post
Some N/A performance products have little to no kick, that's true. However, if you really want to do it right, you can have a NICE N/A machine that won't make you regret skipping the boost. Go with an AFE intake, Dinan TB (used), headers, straight-pipes, Magnaflow or Random Technology hi-flow Cats, 1 set of aftermarket silencers on your exhaust, AA Gen3/4 muffler, EvoSport Pulleys, Stage2 Schrick Cams (gain lots up top, lose a teeny tiny bit down low), Schrick Valve Springs and Retainers, Dinan Transmission Software, Conforti engine software, Stage2 Clutch and 8.5lb aluminum flywheel. Throw in a 3.64 Quaife LSD and you'll be pulling harder than a ZHP for sure, and you're an automatic!

It'll be expensive, but you don't have to worry about blowing your tranny.

Oh, shi... NVM the LTW Flywheel and Stage2 clutch... forgot you're an auto. Instead, look at having a custom Carbon Fiber driveshaft made. That will reduce unsprung mass a LOT.

Or, you could just do an ESS TSE2. Your call, same amount of money either way.

With that NA set-up, you could get maybe 245hp. With an ESS TSE2, you'll get 320hp.
Pretty much, what you mention is what I'm looking to do. I also plan swap out my intake manifold with one from a 330. Along with that I hope to get the intake pipe and MAF. Top end I'll do last along with headers (right now I have UUC TSE3). That'll be the most expensive(top end). As far LSD, I'm a lil stumped because I have the XI model.

|Dinan High Flow Air Box|Eibach Pro Kit|Koni Sport|UUC Strut Barbarian|UUC TSE3|UUC Underdrive Pulleys|18" VMR V710|

|BMC Race Air Filter|CRG Spectrum Levers| Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines|Volar Motorsport Spiked Frame & Bar-end Sliders|
Bimmer Dude Xi is offline   Reply With Quote