View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
pix335i
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2007 335i Coupe
Post Prepping Your E46 for Winter

Prepping Your E46 for Winter

The winter season is coming; take a moment to review your options for winter tires.

It is about that time of year when the temperature drops and winter storms start approaching. If you are one of us that needs to keep your car running in the winter, making sure you have suitable tires is a must.

If you are looking for new winter tires or a set of winter wheels/tires

The number one source for winter tire packages online is at The Tire Rack where you will find replacement winter tires or a whole new set of wheels and tires just for winter use. Take a moment to review the following helpful links to find out more about preparing your car for the winter months ahead!

Winter Tires Area on TireRack.com

Now through November 29, 2008 you can receive up to a $50 rebate on a set of select Dunlop Tires. Details can be found at the following link:
Dunlop Tire $50 Rebate Details

If you already have a set of winter wheels and tires

Go get them on your car! The winter season is upon us and you don't want to be caught out with high performance summer tires when a winter storm hits!

Make sure you check your tire pressures on those winter tires; you can lose up to 5psi of pressure from summer to winter months and it can have a huge impact on the tires. If you are lucky enough to have your car parked in an attached or heated garage, be aware that you will lose air pressure when transitioning to the outdoors. According to TireRack.com, you should add 1 psi of "cold" tire pressure to compensate for each 10 degree temperature difference!

Good luck this winter!

UPDATE - Check out the winter clearance sale the www.TireRack.com is having -

Clearance pricing on a great selection of wheels makes it the perfect time to update your vehicle or to create a Tire & Wheel Package for spring. Affordable options for a Winter / Snow Tire & Wheel Package are available, too! Select styles and applications. Clearance prices effective through February 28, 2009.

Winter Wheel Clearance Event
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e46winterstory.jpg
Views:	657794
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	292413   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-on-frozen-lake.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	299373  
pix335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.