View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:28 AM   #19
futurezero
Horror Business

My Ride: E92 335i|'11 Impreza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
FutureZero, do you know anything about McIntosh? I'm looking into buying a used MA6500 integrated amplifier, but I know I will definitely need a new receiver if I'm going to buy these 805s'. What receiver would you go for? One that will coincide with the range the amp will be in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
You dont put receivers with integrated amps and certainly not with McIntosh.
^^^ What he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
Hmm, so what then?

edit: oh, whoops, I see.

I guess that answers my question. I'll have to go separates for my tuner and cd player, but who to go to? I certainly can't fit the bill for more mcIntosh. Maybe in the future.
Yes, you would need seperate components. McIntosh makes amazing products, but that quality comes with quite a high price tag. There are certainly more affordable options out there Rotel makes very solid products.
If I had purchased the 805's, I would buy a Rotel RMB-1565 5 Channel Amplifier (or RMB-1075, I'm not completely sold on the Class D stuff yet) and a Rotel RSP-1570 Processor. Total MSRP for both components would be around $4100 but you would most likely be able to get a discount of around 10% if you purchase everything, including the speakers, at once.
I have personally listened to that exact setup and the sound was nothing less than spectacular. I wish I could have afforded it