View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:28 AM   #19
Horror Business
My Ride: E92 335i|'11 Impreza
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
FutureZero, do you know anything about McIntosh? I'm looking into buying a used MA6500 integrated amplifier, but I know I will definitely need a new receiver if I'm going to buy these 805s'. What receiver would you go for? One that will coincide with the range the amp will be in.
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
You dont put receivers with integrated amps and certainly not with McIntosh.
^^^ What he said

Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
Hmm, so what then?

edit: oh, whoops, I see.

I guess that answers my question. I'll have to go separates for my tuner and cd player, but who to go to? I certainly can't fit the bill for more mcIntosh. Maybe in the future.
Yes, you would need seperate components. McIntosh makes amazing products, but that quality comes with quite a high price tag. There are certainly more affordable options out there Rotel makes very solid products.
If I had purchased the 805's, I would buy a Rotel RMB-1565 5 Channel Amplifier (or RMB-1075, I'm not completely sold on the Class D stuff yet) and a Rotel RSP-1570 Processor. Total MSRP for both components would be around $4100 but you would most likely be able to get a discount of around 10% if you purchase everything, including the speakers, at once.
I have personally listened to that exact setup and the sound was nothing less than spectacular. I wish I could have afforded it
futurezero is offline   Reply With Quote