View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #11
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingdevious View Post
UUC kit does not underdrive the alternator. their reason is stated on their site, but in short:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/udp/udp...escription.htm

i have it, and just as expected, you will not notice a difference. you just get to say "i have cool pulleys"
albeit, im not unhappy with the purchase. There's really not much to notice. Also, if you're going to do it i would suggest using the Stewart Hi-Flow water pump.
Underdriving the OEM pump is fine, but if you upgrade the pump and then underdrive it... you're back to OEM flow, but you gained from removing the parasitic drag.

i have noticed some tiny improvements in rev time, but not much. there's also not much of a weight difference between OEM and the UUC kit. i cant say how much, because didnt put them on a scale.. but holding them individually, there isnt.
You make some very good points - the most important factor is that UDPs don't add horsepower, they free up hp by reducing that parasitic drag caused from the accessories (within a safe zone).

Can't go wrong with either the Rogue or UUCs - we have a preference on the Rogue pulleys, which of neither touch the alternator.

LooKitsCHAVIT: We always stock the Rogue pulleys once your decision is made.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote