View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
LSUKNUT

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingdevious View Post
i have it, and just as expected, you will not notice a difference. you just get to say "i have cool pulleys"
albeit, im not unhappy with the purchase. There's really not much to notice. Also, if you're going to do it i would suggest using the Stewart Hi-Flow water pump.
Underdriving the OEM pump is fine, but if you upgrade the pump and then underdrive it... you're back to OEM flow, but you gained from removing the parasitic drag.
I just did this mod myself. I purchased the set from Turner Motor Sports and it came with 4 pulleys. The extra one they sent was to properly match up the alternator pulley and they sent a box to mail the one I didn't use back for a refund. I also installed the Stewart water pump. Really, I don't notice anything different but I will say that I'm extremely confident I won't be sitting on the side of the road somewhere do to a cooling system issue. I couldn't believe how cheap the OEM pulleys and water pump were once I pulled them off and compared them to the new products. I would say that any of the sets listed will do the job just fine.

KNUT's Progress & Thank You to E46Fanatics Supporting Vendors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post9933726
LSUKNUT is offline   Reply With Quote