View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
rcryder

My Ride: 2003 325i sports pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Drama View Post
I spoke with TC Kline on this matter, who I believe produce or at least vendor the JB flywheel, which is ultimately an exact replica of the Turner Motorsport lightened flywheel. And basically, what Steve at TC Kline said was that its an excellent setup for a lot less money over the UUC flywheel.. He also went into saying that the M5 cluthces in the 3 series, down the road have/can lead to issues, due to the fact that its not an original set up.
Weird because I spoke with someone at TC Kline before buying my UUC setup and he didn't say anything like that about the M5 clutch, he told me that he knew quite a few cars with the set up and urged me to follow through with it, he said whenever you replace a stock component with a non stock component there is a risk but that the M5 was at least an OEM component and will last better than a lot of the other options for clutch replacement. If its something to worry over then stick with stock. But, when you get an upgraded flywheel, why the hell would you go and take the fun away by not getting a new clutch too!

- Shark Injector - Dinan Intake - Highline Exhaust - UUC Stg. 2 LTW Flywheel - M5 Clutch - H&R - Miro CSL - M-Tech II Front - M3 Lip -

Last edited by rcryder; 01-13-2009 at 04:32 PM.
rcryder is offline   Reply With Quote