View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
My Ride: E46 M3 Blk/Blk
Audis have 2, BMW has 1 rear fog on the drivers side by design, as you well know now. =]

Originally Posted by bimmerboy330 View Post
Does any one know where I can get the part number for the switch to activate a rear fog. Or is this something I need a more then just a swich for?
If you want the OEM switch, and the discrete cluster illumination, you need to get a euro faceplate. Faceplate only. If you have a Sedan, and are in the US, you are SOL (BMWNA sucks) on activating the rear fog if you have adaptive brake lights.

Jason at Tischer ( set me up with my new LCM, I did the OEM LED retrofit so I bought the whole assembly. You can, just buy the faceplate though.

You also need a sedan bulb carrier, it has two light sockets. Left for side for LHD, right side like original poster for RHD, or you can dremmel out your coupe one. Carrier was <$15 bucks so I didnt bother to f with the dremmel.

Oh, and depending on the year, you may have to run a wire from your deck lid to pin 49 on your LCM (for coupes).

LCM assembly 61-31-9-133-021 (part is superseded and you only need the faceplate)
Bulb carrier 63 21 7 165 743

I have xenons
WTB: Real CSLs, can be rashed, I want to powdercoat, must be true

Last edited by Sack; 01-25-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Sack is offline   Reply With Quote