Thread: Gun Fanatics
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #38
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
Why would you only buy the lower receiver and wait for the upper? Only reason I could think of is that you got in during a special deal?

I'm just being nosy and have been trying to figure it out since you posted that pic.
People are affraid of law makers bringing back the assult weapons ban. When you purchase the lower receiver you are basically purchasing the 'gun'. Also, lower receivers are going up in price quick because of this. Buying one now, ensures you have one for a moderate price. You can build your rifle later with no problem. I am currently building an AR. I have a Spikes lower, RRA lower parts kit, and an m4 tactical stock so far. I am probably going to go with a Noveske 14.5 inch Vis upper. They are on backorder right ow though. It's better to build an AR imo, so you can have it exactly how you want it.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote